Thursday, September 12, 2024

Partial Eclipse of Shipfax

 This is to report that I was away from Halifax from July 27 until today - September 12. I was expecting to have internet access while at my summer place in Quebec, but due to unforeseen circumstances that was not possible for the short term.

So my apologies for the seeming disappearance of Shipfax, and thanks for the messages of concern and interest. I hope to be posting again as I get back up to speed in a day or so.

Although I am no Celebrity I was in Eclipse mode (that is to say not visible for a time) while in Quebec. I did manage to get a pretty good photo of the Celebrity Eclipse from my front porch  on September 3 (and many other ships too). The ship also visited Halifax in my absence on August 6.

Built by Meyerwerft, Papenburg in 2010, it is a 121,878 gt ship with a capacity of 2,850 passengers and 1271 crew.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment